ΟΡΟΙ ΚΑΙ ΠΡΟΥΠΟΘΕΣΕΙΣ ΕΝΟΙΚΙΑΣΗΣ ΑΥΤΟΚΙΝΗΤΟΥ
This policy was last updated on March 22, 2018.
PARTICULAR TERMS & CONDITIONS
DRIVERS LICENSE: A full license held for minimum of 1 year is required. International license NOT required for drivers with a residency of European Union Countries.
DRIVERS AGE: MIN 21 YEARS OLD – MAX 75 YEARS OLD
ADDITIONAL DRIVERS: Max. Additional drivers: 2. All Additional drivers must be physically at rental counter with their own driver license at time of rental.
Car Rental: The payment for your car rental and anything purchased locally can be made by Credit Card or Debit Card or Cash. Security Deposit: A Credit Card is required to cover the Security Deposit. Accepted Credit Cards: Visa – MasterCard Not Accepted: Debit Cards, Diners Club, American Express, pre-paid Credit Cards, Laser, Maestro or Switch cards. Cash is not accepted for the Security Deposit. The credit card(s) used must be in the name of the main driver on the rental agreement. Note: Payment cards must have sufficient available funds to cover the full cost of the Security Deposit. This amount will be unavailable on the card for the duration of the rental CAR TYPES: The reservation does not refer to a specific vehicle but rather a group of vehicles with similar technical and design characteristics. CROSS BORDER: All international/state cross-border travel disallowed AT RENTAL COUNTER: A passport or identity card and a printed copy of the car rental voucher or e-Voucher is required
Young Driver Fee: Drivers under the age of 25 and drivers who have held a driving license for less than 4 years will pay an additional Fee of 70.00 € per rental incl. VAT24%
Valeting Fee: If the vehicle requires more than the usual standard cleaning on its return to restore it to its pre-rental condition, a Valeting Fee of 150.00€ incl. VAT24% will apply Outside Office Hours: 22:00pm – 09:00am: € 25.00 per service incl. VAT24%. Correct arrival flight numbers are essential.
ADDITIONAL REQUESTED ITEMS
Additional Drivers: € 15.00 per rental incl. VAT24%
Booster Seat: € 25.00 per rental incl. VAT24%
Child / Toddler Seat: € 25.00 per rental incl. VAT24%
GPS – Satellite Navigational System: € 50.00 per rental incl. VAT24% Additional Items are not included in the rates and they are paid in the local currency at the rental desk. All Additional Items can be requested at the time of booking or locally on arrival subject to availability. Carandgo inventory is based on first-come, first-served basis.
AVAILABLE SERVICES (NOT INCLUDED IN RENTAL RATES)
SUPER C.D.W COVER (SCDW): € 10.00 per day incl. VAT24%. Reduces the Excess to zero (0). Security Deposit Required with SCDW: € 300.00
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR CAR RENTAL – MASTER RENTAL AGREEMENT
The following terms of this rental agreement are related to all types of vehicles including the replacement vehicles which the Leaser (hereinafter referred as ‘LEASER’) leases to the ‘HIRER’
1) PURPOSE: The ‘HIRER’ receive the rental vehicle described in the rental Agreement in perfect working order, with all its documents, tires, tools and accessories, and undertake to look after them and drive the vehicle in compliance with the Highway Code and the provisions set out in these General Terms and Conditions.
2) RENTAL PERIOD: The term of the Agreement is set out on page 1 herein and indicates the date and time on which the vehicle must be returned. The rental dates are computed in 24-hour periods, counted from the exact time the ‘HIRER’ rented the vehicle until they return the vehicle, with its keys and documents to ‘LEASER’. The courtesy period for returning the vehicle is 59 minutes. If the ‘HIRER’ decides to terminate the Contract in advance, the entirety of the amount paid for the days the vehicle was not used (including taxes) will be retained as an indemnity.
3) EXTENSIONS: The ‘HIRER’ is under obligation to return the vehicle on the date and time stipulated in the previous paragraph. If the ‘HIRER’ wishes to extend the rental period, he/she must go to the nearest ‘LEASER’ office to sign the extension. No contract may be extended via telephone, nor by any other means of electronic communication, unless established otherwise on the first page of the contract. The deposit given as surety may not be used to extend the rental period under any circumstance. ‘LEASER’ may charge the ‘HIRER’ a fee for any extensions to this Agreement. In the event that the Agreement cannot be extended because no vehicles are available or for any other reason, ‘HIRER’ must return the vehicle on the agreed date and time to the agreed ‘LEASER’ office. Depending on the terms and conditions in the initial Contract, a new contract may need to be signed when an extension of the rental period is requested. In that case, the new contract invalidates the current Contract.
4) VEHICLE RETURN CONDITIONS: The ‘HIRER’ must return the hired vehicle in its pre-rental condition, together with all its documents, tires, tools and accessories, at the place and on the date and time set out in the rental Agreement. The ‘HIRER’ must not change the vehicle’s technical specifications, keys, equipment, tools and/or accessories, or make changes to its external or interior appearance. Otherwise, ‘HIRER’ must pay for the expense of returning the vehicle to its pre-rental condition, without detriment to ‘LEASER’ loss-of-income during the period the vehicle is not available for rent because it is being valeted, and for any other damages sustained by ‘LEASER’.
5) FAILURE TO RETURN THE VEHICLE: Failure to return the vehicle on the date and time set out in the Contract authorizes ‘LEASER’ to charge ‘HIRER’ for each day they use the vehicle after it should have been returned. ‘LEASER’ will also charge a penalty of €40 for every day of delay to cover the inconvenience caused to ‘LEASER’. Similarly, returning or abandoning the vehicle in a place other than the one indicated in the Agreement, will entitle ‘LEASER’ to require ‘HIRER’ to pay: Rent for each extra day needed to retrieve the vehicle and return it to its pre-rental condition so it can be hired again; €40 per day as compensation for loss-of-income, and the cost of moving or towing the vehicle, tolls, and safekeeping and guarding, as the case may be, to the place convened in the Agreement for returning the vehicle. In the event that the vehicle disappears or is not returned, ‘LEASER’ reserves the right to bring legal action against the ‘HIRER’ before the competent authorities with the full weight and consequences of the law. A unilateral extension of the Agreement by ‘HIRER’ will be considered illicit use of the vehicle, in which case the ‘HIRER’ will be held liable for any damage to the vehicle. 6) PAYMENTS AND METHODS OF PAYMENT: 6.1 Payments: The ‘HIRER’ undertake to pay to ‘LEASER’: Charges arising from vehicle hire, insurance and taxes determined by the current ‘LEASER’ rates (hereinafter, General Rates), which have been previously communicated to the client. The application of the initially agreed rate is dependent upon the vehicle being returned at the designated place and time and on the stipulated date. Rates may vary depending on the time of year and the office in question, whereby, prior to hiring a vehicle, it is the client’s responsibility to verify the rate that is to be applied. 6.2 Payment as a consequence of inadequate use by the ‘HIRER’: The ‘HIRER’ subsequent to the finalization of the rental period, undertakes to pay ‘LEASER’ any amounts arising as a result of the following: Charge for ‘special cleaning’ for the costs incurred from an additional valeting service arising from the clearly inadequate state of the vehicle at the time of its return, with a maximum charge of €150, Up to €250 for the expense incurred through the loss of a vehicle’s documents or keys, and/or sending a set of keys to the office concerned, in the event of loss, breakage or return of the vehicle’s keys to an office that is not the office at which the vehicle was collected, or for any other situation attributable to the ‘HIRER’ in which the vehicle is immobilized, Tow-truck costs in the cases set out in the various clauses of this Agreement, Any costs arising from the loss, theft, deterioration or damage of any part of
the vehicle, or of the whole vehicle, as well as any problems arising from using the wrong kind of fuel, Any tolls, fines, sanctions, and court costs caused by infringement of highway regulations, laws, rules and by-laws (including congestion charges and restrictions to motor vehicles, where these exist) incurred by the ‘HIRER’ during the rental period that have been met by ‘LEASER’. Notwithstanding the foregoing, ‘LEASER’ reserves the right to charge the ‘HIRER’ an extra €40 for the administrative costs it incurred for processing and sending notice of the above-mentioned sanctions to the competent authorities, The cost of repairs for damages caused to the vehicle in the event of an accident, in any of the following circumstances: The vehicle was not used according to the agreed terms and conditions, The accident report form was not completed and sent to ‘LEASER’ in due time, or it is a misrepresentation of the facts,Compensation for the days the vehicle cannot be used due to repairs, The damage done to the vehicle is due to the ‘HIRER’’ miscalculation of the height of the vehicle. Extra insurance was not taken out, The costs of the ‘Accidents Administration Fee’ up to a maximum of €150, Any amounts arising from such items shall be charged by ‘LEASER’ directly to the ‘HIRER’ using the electronic payment or equivalent system used to hire the vehicle, with the ‘HIRER’ expressly authorizing the acceptability of ‘LEASER’ making such charges. In all cases, ‘LEASER’ shall immediately report the charge that was made and the reasons for it, giving the ‘HIRER’ all the information possible. The amount charged to ‘HIRER’ for damages to the vehicle is computed according to the assessment made by an independent adjuster. Alternatively, if an external assessment cannot be made, ‘HIRER’ will be charged the amount resulting from a preliminary assessment made by qualified ‘LEASER’ staff which are known and consented to by the ‘HIRER’. All the foregoing will apply without prejudice to a subsequent settlement and adjustment after an estimate is made by a garage or an assessment is made by an independent adjuster. Likewise, ‘LEASER’ reserves the right to charge ‘HIRER’ compensation for loss-of-income owing to immobilization of the damaged vehicle. Such compensation will be calculated on the number of days required to repair the vehicle, established by an independent adjuster or, after the vehicle has been repaired, by counting one day for every eight hours of work invested by the garage and used as the base to quantify the daily rate at which the vehicle was hired. The days the vehicle is immobilized count as days the vehicle was not returned on the convened date, and thus the extra €40 per day set out in the preceding clause will also apply. ‘HIRER’’ liability will not exceed the vehicle’s market value, according to the maximum price in force at the time of the accident. 6.3 Method of Payment: The credit card used to make the reservation should be presented by the cardholder when the vehicle is collected. The credit card used should be in the name of the same person taking out the rental agreement. Payment for hiring the vehicle and any additional items can be made in the currency chosen by the ‘HIRER’. Multiple currency operations are accepted, under the terms and conditions set out by the Bank handling the payment.
7) INSURANCE AND COVERS: 7.1 Compulsory insurance and Civil Liability Insurance: Rental rates include Compulsory Insurance for the automobile, and Supplementary Civil Liability insurance to cover damage to third parties as a result of using and driving the vehicle. These covers are guaranteed and assumed by ‘LEASER’ insurance company, and they are subject to the insurance policy’s general and particular clauses and the law. By signing the vehicle hire agreement, ‘HIRER’ accept the conditions of this insurance policy, which are available to ‘HIRER’ on request. 7.2 ‘LEASER’ Basic Cover: The hire rates also include the ‘LEASER’ BASIC COVER for damage to the vehicle due to: Collision, Theft, Accidental Fire and Acts of vandalism. The ‘LEASER’ Basic Cover always contemplates an excess for any damage for which the ‘HIRER’ has been directly responsible. The excess needs to be guaranteed (i) by provision of the corresponding deposit or (ii) by taking out additional cover. The ‘LEASER’ Basic Cover will be valid as long as the following conditions are met: The ‘HIRER’, in the event of a collision, sends ‘LEASER’ the full details of the third party and possible witnesses before forty-eight hours have elapsed, as well as a completed accident report form stating the number plate, the name and address of the third party, the circumstances of the collision, a sketch of the accident, the name of the third party’s insurance company, and, if possible, the number of the insurance policy. All this must be signed by the two drivers involved in the accident, or, if there is no accident report form, a Claims Report, which will be provided by ‘LEASER’, The insurance company does not refuse to accept the claim because the vehicle’s driver was not in the physical and mental condition required by the Highway Code, Any collision, theft, fire, or act of vandalism did not take place in the course of an unauthorized use, as set out in point 10 or which contravenes any of the conditions stipulated in this contract and the ‘HIRER’ sent notice of the collision, theft, fire, or act of vandalism caused to the vehicle within forty-eight hours of the event, together with the relevant documents (accident report, report to the authorities, etc.). 7.3 Additional Cover: The rental rates do not include, unless indicated otherwise, any ADDITIONAL COVER, which provides for reducing the ‘HIRER’/s liability, excess. The aforementioned cover can be contracted on collecting the vehicle or beforehand, on making the booking. It will only be valid if the ‘HIRER’ fulfills the necessary conditions for the ‘LEASER’ Basic Cover.
8) INSURANCE RESTRICTION: CDW, ERC, SCDW Insurances expressly excludes: a) damage to tires, tire rims, vehicle interior, outside rear view mirrors, b) flat tires and blow-outs, c) damage to the clutch and gear box, d) damage to roof or undercarriage, e) loss of, or damage to, the car keys, f) compensation for the days the vehicle cannot be used due to repairs, g) fees for a tow truck, h) fees for recharging the battery, i) all consequential losses e.g. vehicle recovery costs, hotel costs and the loss of personal belongings, j) damage due to failure to observe the general terms and conditions of rental stated in the rental document.
9) ACCIDENT – BREAKDOWN: In the event of an accident, ‘HIRER’ undertake: To send ‘LEASER’ the full details of the third party and any witnesses before forty-eight hours have elapsed, as well as a completed accident report form stating the number plate, the name and address of the third party, the circumstances of the collision, a sketch of the accident, the name of the third party’s insurance company and, if possible, the number of the insurance policy. The accident report form must be signed by the two drivers involved in the accident. If there is no accident report form, the parties must complete a Claims Report that will be provided by ‘LEASER’, To alert the authority immediately if the guilt of the third party needs to be investigated or if anyone has been injured, Not to abandon the hired vehicle without taking due measures to safeguard it. In the event of an act of vandalism, fire, theft or disappearance of the vehicle, ‘HIRER’ undertake to notify ‘LEASER’ of the event immediately and to report it to the authorities, sending a copy of the report to ‘LEASER’ as soon as possible. 10) NON-AUTHORISED USE: It is the ‘HIRER” duty to use the vehicle with due diligence, in line with its characteristics, and to obey the current Highway Code, avoiding any situation that might cause damage to the vehicle or to third parties. Likewise, it is the ‘HIRER” duty not to allow anyone other than those authorized under this vehicle hire agreement to drive the vehicle. ‘HIRER’ are liable for any damage to the vehicle or to third parties arising from a breach of such terms. Failure to comply with the provisions of these sections will be construed as non-authorized use. ‘HIRER’ are fully liable for damage to the exterior and interior of the vehicle due to non-authorized use, and must pay any expenses incurred as set forth in section 6. Non-authorized use includes, but is not limited to the following cases, given by way of example: Pushing or towing another vehicle, driving in areas not suited to public transport, such as beaches, race tracks, forestry roads, back roads, driving on dirt roads and very poorly paved roads that could cause damage to the underside of the vehicle, driving the vehicle in restricted areas, negligent behavior when the vehicle’s indicators show an alert that ‘HIRER’ state are known to them when they sign this agreement, transport of goods or animals and, in particular, substances that are hazardous, inflammable and/or poisonous for the vehicle and its occupants, the transport of individuals or goods for which the ‘HIRER’ receive direct or indirect payment. Sub leasing the vehicle, using the vehicle for unlawful activities, transporting a number of passengers and amount of luggage not authorized for the vehicle concerned, manipulation of the milometer, ‘HIRER’ must report any malfunction
of the milometer to ‘LEASER’ immediately, transport of luggage or any other item on the vehicle’s roof, even when an adequate luggage rack is used for the purpose, damage to the vehicle caused by leaving tempting items in plain sight inside the vehicle, dirtying the inside of the vehicle beyond what would be expected from reasonable and careful use, driving the vehicle when tired, not feeling well and under the influence of alcohol, medicine or drugs, reckless driving, using the vehicle to give driving lessons under any circumstance and/or to teach special driving techniques, driving against the traffic regulations, the vehicle is driven by a person who is not authorized to do so in the agreement, as either a ‘HIRER’ and/or a supplementary driver, driving the vehicle outside the geographical limits set out in the special conditions for the rental office where the contract begins, continued use of the vehicle after the rental period has ended. Any unauthorized use on the part of the ‘HIRER’ will entitle ‘LEASER’ to terminate the Rental Agreement early for breach of contract by the former and, where appropriate, to claim for any damages that may apply in this respect.
11) DRIVING LICENCE: HIRER’ must hold a current valid Driving License, approved in the country where the vehicle is delivered, and have held a license for at least FOUR years. Likewise, the driver minimum age is TWENTY-FIVE. When both requirements are not fulfilled, special arrangements can be put in place which may incur additional charges. ‘HIRER’ are directly responsible for ensuring a current, valid and approved driving license is held and for holding ‘LEASER’ free and harmless from any responsibility.
12) JOINT LIABILITY: HIRER’ and/or authorized additional drivers are jointly liable for the ‘HIRER’’ obligations under this Agreement and the relevant laws that are applicable to same.
13) THEFT AND LOSS OF PERSONAL BELONGINGS: LEASER’ is not to be held liable for items stolen, forgotten or lost inside the vehicle.
14) DEPOSIT: On signing the Contract, ‘HIRER’ can be required to pay a deposit that could be proportional to the amount of the rental rate and market value of the vehicle in order to guarantee the fulfilment of the general and special conditions of the Contract. In the event of agreeing to a contract extension, this amount must be increased in accordance to the number of days contemplated in the extension period. This amount will be returned once the contract expires and the condition of the vehicle is checked and the general and special conditions of the Contract have been fulfilled. For this reason, it may be necessary to withhold the deposit for up to 30 days following vehicle return.
15) COMPULSORY APPROVED CHILD RESTRAINTS: HIRER’ must notify ‘LEASER’ when children under three years of age and adults under 1.5 meters in height will be riding in the vehicle so ‘LEASER’ can provide an approved restraint, for a fee, for the weight
and height of the person who will use it. ‘HIRER’ are responsible for installing the restraint, which WILL NOT BE ANCHORED to the vehicle.
16) DATA PROTECTION: Pursuant to the provisions of current legislation on the protection of personal data LEASER hereby informs you that your personal data will be added to a computer file kept by this company. You may revoke your consent at any time by sending an email to our website Customer Support section. Finally, you are hereby informed that you may access, change or cancel your data by sending an email to our website Customer Support section.
17) ‘HIRER’ CARE: For further information, or to send comments, claims or complaints, please go to the “Contact Us” section of our website
18) GOVERNING LAW: This agreement is governed by the laws of Greece. ‘LEASER’ states their intention of resolving any controversies in a friendly manner. Where this is not possible, any controversies between ‘LEASER’ and the ‘HIRER’ will be settled in the courts of the place where the vehicle was hired.
19) TRANSLATION: The translations of these general terms and conditions are for information purposes only and are not legally binding. Only the original copy in Greek is considered legally valid.